Tuesday, January 19, 2010

love is here

so my new favorite band is tenth avenue north! they are amazing....well one of their songs is called "love is here.' i love it, and i'm been thinking lately what lesson God is trying to teach my now and i've reached the conclusion that it is love! ha i feel that sounds so elementary. that sometimes i find myself skipping over love. i'm like oh i know all about love, blah, blah, blah. but the more i see my heart, i realize how somewhere along this bumped road of my life i have let bitterness take home and i fail to remember the love that Christ has for me! me a fallen, broken sinner has the unfailing love of our LORD! i was reminded of this again in reading 2 timothy 1. paul is writing a letter to timothy and the words that he uses are words that i'm sad to say aren't in my everyday vocabulary.

"...as i remember you constantly in my prayers night and day. as i remember your tears, i long to see you, that i may be filled with joy." 2 timothy 1:3-4

it is so amazing to read the love that paul had for his brother in Christ! when was the last time you felt those kind of feelings toward a brother or sister i Christ? I know for me i'd have to admit i cannot thing of one. o the brokeness of my heart! feel that when i read verses like these i just skim the surface and never actually drive in deep. i make the reading of God's word like my little fix in the morning with my coffee and at night before i go to bed. but that it's enough! i need to be feeding and soaking in the power of the gospel. hebrews 4:12-13 "for the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and discerning to thoughts and intentions of the heart. and no creature is hidden from his sight, but all are naked and exposed to the eyes of him to whom we must give account." those verses are so powerful! i pray for love and compassion for my spiritual family.

No comments:

Post a Comment