Friday, June 18, 2010

so i was driving home last night and i was listening to this burnt cd that my friend gave me. this hymn, that i've heard probably a thousand times started playing. it just was so convicting....

  1. Out of my bondage, sorrow and night,
    Jesus, I come, Jesus, I come;
    Into Thy freedom, gladness, and light,
    Jesus, I come to Thee;
    Out of my sickness, into Thy health,
    Out of my want and into Thy wealth,
    Out of my sin and into Thyself,
    Jesus, I come to Thee.
  2. Out of my shameful failure and loss,
    Jesus, I come, Jesus, I come;
    Into the glorious gain of Thy cross,
    Jesus, I come to Thee;
    Out of earth’s sorrows, into Thy balm,
    Out of life’s storms and into Thy calm,
    Out of distress to jubilant psalm,
    Jesus, I come to Thee.
  3. Out of unrest and arrogant pride,
    Jesus, I come, Jesus, I come;
    Into Thy blessed will to abide,
    Jesus, I come to Thee;
    Out of myself to dwell in Thy love,
    Out of despair, into raptures above,
    Upward for aye on wings like a dove,
    Jesus, I come to Thee.
  4. Out of the fear and dread of the tomb,
    Jesus, I come, Jesus, I come;
    Into the joy and light of Thy home,
    Jesus, I come to Thee;
    Out of the depths of ruin untold,
    Into the peace of Thy sheltering fold,
    Ever Thy glorious face to behold,
    Jesus, I come to Thee.


Wow...it's song is has my name all over it! this broken world feeds on my soul, making me feel that i'm nothing but some useless instrument. i remember this art project that my church made awhile ago. they took broken instruments and orchestrated a beautiful masterpiece by incorporating all of pieces together into a single display. the theme was that just like the instruments, we are broken and it takes a gifted musician to come along an sees the beauty within the brokeness. this hymn just speaks that, wherever we are in our daily battle of living in this world our Father is there. that no matter how many times seem to fail, our Father's unfailing love covers our failures. lately i've been thinking about failures and how we let sin inhabit our hearts. that we let it build up within us to produce shame that weighs down our soul....

"Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matt 11:29-30.

why cant it be that easy?? aww i love these next verses, they just pierce my heart....

"blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, so that the tested genuineness of your faith-more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire-may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ." 1 Peter 1:3-9

No comments:

Post a Comment